Learning about natural disasters and weather science is fascinating for children. And, this free tornadoes unit study is based on books children will love.
It is filled with oodles of background knowledge on the topic of tornadoes. So, it should be the perfect way to satisfy your child’s curiosity about this powerful weather phenomenon!
This resource includes:
- Notebooking pages about tornadoes and life on the prairie in the late 1800s.
- A timeline activity to chart historic tornadoes.
- A mapping activity to see where tornadoes are common in the United States.
- Comparing and contrasting activity to compare tornadoes with other weather phenomena.
- Sequencing activity to sequence the steps in the formation of a tornado.
- Writing prompt to encourage children to write their own fictional story about escaping a tornado.